We’ve teamed up with local doggie chaperones, A Pad4Paws, who are local to us in Plymouth. They offer a range of services, including being there on your wedding day with your faithful furry companion! Amanda & Mica – who got married in June – had Sue there on the day with their adorable pup Peanut.
Sue has put together the below, telling you more about the day with Peanut and the services they offer…
Sue, A Pad4Paws – On The Day
“The whole day went brilliantly!
It was great that I had visited beforehand and met Bethany. I discussed with her the best place to wait before and during the wedding when Peanut was not required. This way I knew come rain or shine we would be in the dry or out of the sun should it be a hot day. We also walked around the different areas of the venue so I recognised how it was laid out.
I found Ever After at Lower Grenofen to be a beautiful, colourful, and a pretty venue tucked away in the Dartmoor country lanes. What a find! The staff and Nicola were so accommodating and genuinely lovely and caring. I was made to feel very welcome and also feel part of the day.
Our A Pad4Paws Customers
My husband, Pete, and I want each client to feel like they are special. Most people express that their Wedding Day is ‘One of THE best days of their lives’. Because of this, we put every effort and flexibilty into each customers plans. We want to treat each and every doggy chaperoning wedding like its the first one we have done.
We commence our communication with our potential customers by checking the breed of their dog (we take most breeds) , checking to see if they are up to date with their vaccinations and kennel cough treatment. This is very important. We ask if the dog is neutured or spayed if the owners intend to leave their dog with us. Also arrange to meet (if logistically practicable) with the owners and their fur baby.
If all goes well (they meet us and our dogs) at our home, the customer is happy then they complete a booking form and my terms and conditions should they require their dog to stay with us at our Dog Home Boarding Boutique Hotel. If this is not possible to meet at our home we are open to discussion to see what can be arranged.
We hold Public Liability Insurance and are licensed with Plymouth City Council. We are also registered with Hitched.co.uk
the UK’s No.1 Wedding Planning website:
A Pad4Paws Packages
We have 2 packages available to give the Bridal clientele an idea of what we can do.
- We can pick the dog up the day before the wedding or early the day of the wedding
- Take it for a Groom the day of the wedding
- Provide a comfort break before the wedding ceremony
- Walk the Bride down the aisle
- Wear a floral corsage
- Provide the wedding ring eg be the Ring Bearer
- Meet the happy couple at the top of the aisle once they have exchanged rings
- After the ceremony we are happy to walk amongst the guests who are being served Champagne & Nibbles and let them say hello to the most important guest apart from the Bridal party
- Be present for those all important photos
- Once all photographs have been completed and the Bridal party are happy we will bring their fur baby back to our Dog Home Boarding Boutique Hotel for the remainder of their stay albeit one night / whole honeymoon period.
- During the whole period I liaise with couples during the stay of their fur baby via either Whatsapp or Messenger. We find that this allows the couple to see what their fur baby is up to whilst they are away from them.
- We charge .40p per mile and are happy to collect and drop of their fur baby to a specific venue/address.
Details and an idea of prices are provided at:
Dogs are your very best friend.
They sit all day waiting for you to return.
They greet you with a wagging tail and a lick despite what sort of day you have had good or bad.
So why not have your very special friend at your Wedding Day!
Where friends and family attend the wedding and can’t look after your fur baby afterwards we are happy to provide and help step in!
In years to come you can look back on your wedding photos glad not only did you marry your best friend but you also had your fur best friend at your special day too!
If this is something you’re interested in, do get in touch with Sue either through the website or at: firstname.lastname@example.org