who are we?
As it’s the start of a new year (hell a new decade), I thought I’d pop on here and say hello and introduce myself and say a little bit about who we are (and why you’d want to book your wedding with us).
I’m Nicola and Ever After is my wedding biz which I run from home – because I live at my own wedding venue. I know.
The lovely S and I got married here in 2012 and that was the beginning of my love affair with weddings. Since that first wedding here (ours!) we’ve hosted over 300 weddings, big and small. We’ve shared our home with couples who now see this place as part of their life story too. They keep in touch, let us know as their family grows and keep us updated with their big life events. We love it, our own Ever After family.
If you want to read more about me and the lovely S you can find out how we met and other fun facts over here.
what do we do?
So that’s a bit about who we are. Now onto what we do…
We do weddings. In case you haven’t read about them already, we do 3 types of weddings, summer Saturdays, midi mid-weeks (MMW) and elopements. The main differences between them are your guest numbers and I’ll give you some other deets too so you can figure out which would be the best fit for you and what you’ve got planned.
Big guest list?
Then you’re looking at the summer Saturday. Clue’s in the name right there – only in the summer (May to September) and only on Saturdays. No other days for the big weddings. You have to use our caterer but you can choose all your other suppliers. We do all the set up, clear down and on the day (OTD) co-ordination. We take care of all the logistical stuff. We draw up your running order and make sure everyone’s in the right place at the right time on the day. No worries.
Other highlights for our summer Saturdays:
- bring your own drinks, we don’t charge corkage
- you can have a live band in the evening, we’ve got the sound system and dance floor or bring a playlist – that works too
- all our decor stuff included in the price
- 2 nights in the honeymoon cottage included
- a ton of other stuff too, check out what else is in the price on our FAQ page and also in the brochure
Have you downloaded the summer Saturday brochure yet? You can go ahead and do that right now.
smaller guest numbers?
If your guest numbers are around 20, then our MMW package is for you. Soooo much included in this baby. We’re talking 6 hours photography (included), flowers by a Chelsea gold medal winner (included), food and drinks (included), wedding cake (guess what, yep that’s included too). Plus the 2 nights in our honeymoon cottage.
Other need to knows about the MMW:
- Wednesdays only from May to September
- wedding ceremony at 4pm
- pop up lounges included
- pay bar in the evening (arrival, reception, wedding breakfast and toasting drinks included in the price)
- exclusive use and full OTD co-ordination included, yep same great service just like the big weddings
Have you downloaded the MMW brochure yet? You can go ahead and do that right now.
micro guest list?
If it’s just the two of you then this is for you. We can provide witnesses on the day (requirement). The skinny on the elopements:
- you can invite up to 8 guests for an extra charge
- Tuesdays and Thursdays only from October through to April
- 2 nights accommodation in the honeymoon cottage included
- exclusive use of the whole venue – even if it’s just the two of you
- one summer elopement a month available from May to September, Wednesdays only
Have you downloaded the elopement brochure yet? You can go ahead and do that right now.
So which kind of wedding will you be having? Small, medium or large?
Couples are sometimes torn between more than one, either the summer Saturday or MMW or maybe the MMW or elopement. If that’s you, let me know and we can talk through which one is the better fit for you. Drop me a line at [email protected] and let’s talk weddings!